Top 7 Destinations for First Time Solo Travelers. You may think that traveling on your own for the first time can really be nerve-wracking; you might even wonder if it is not a good idea. However, after your first solo trip, you will wonder why you were so worried!
Going solo on a trip is very fulfilling. You will be provided with many opportunities to grow and learn. If you are trying to find yourself, this is what you need. How to get started traveling solo can seem very overwhelming, especially finding the right destination to try first. Here are some of the best places to go on a solo trip. Top 7 Destinations.
- Malaysia – Many solo travelers overlook this destination, but this is one country that you need to see. It is perfect for someone who wants a new multi-cultural environment to explore. English is widely spoken, so you won’t have problems communicating. Local residents are very welcoming so you may be invited to local celebrations and events. You can experience visiting small towns, hiking mountains, wandering beaches and more. If you are looking for an enjoyable solo vacation, Malaysia may be one of the Top 7 Destinations you.
- Japan – A really popular destination currently, Japan is known as a safe place to travel with natural beauty and courteous citizens. It has a unique culture, food, and art. However, one problem could be the language, since signs in some places are only written in Japanese. English is not common so communicating with local residents can be challenging. On the other hand, if you get creative, you can navigate around using the traditional way which is to nod and point on buying food. If it’s your first solo trip, this could be challenging, but it will truly be worth it.
- California – On Top 7 Destinations, if the United States is what you have in mind for your first trip solo, California is the perfect place for you to begin. The most popular tourist spots are those along the Pacific Coast Highway and fabled San Francisco. Available public transport makes it easy to get around.
- Iceland – For a long time, Iceland has been on the top list of one of the safest countries to travel to. So there is no need to worry if you are going solo. Many travelers in Iceland drive to Golden Circle or what they is called Ring Road. It is also perfect for as one of Top 7 Destinations for a solo traveler with its small population and informal lifestyle. In addition, English is widely spoken making it easy to navigate. Unfortunately, it is very expensive. However, you can reduce costs by staying in a hostel or bed and breakfast.
- New Zealand – With its natural beauty from grasslands with sheep grazing to snow-capped mountains, New Zealand is the ideal place for a road trip even for your first solo trip outside the country. Although there are economical lodging options, including hostels for all ages, you could also consider renting a camper or van that will help you see both of these amazing islands if you love to drive long distances. If not, New Zealand trains or buses are very convenient and inexpensive at the same time. However, if you want to reach off-beat spots, it is best to drive. On Top 7 Destinations, New Zealand is easy to navigate, and locals are genuinely helpful and friendly as well.
- Thailand – If you are ready to go solo, Thailand should be first on your list. It is very inexpensive and easy to travel there. It is filled with other travelers, and people are really friendly. With many flights daily from different countries arriving in Bangkok, a wide range of travelers finds their way to Thailand. You will meet backpackers, retirees, recent graduates, luxury travelers and most especially travelers on a budget. Start by visiting Bangkok or Chiang Mai. There are many options to choose from ranging from visiting elephant sanctuaries to viewing temples and royal palaces. Save time to see their awesome islands, and try out scuba diving. On Top 7 Destinations you may also want to try one of the meditation retreats to unwind and relax.
- Hawaii – You may think of Hawaii as just for honeymooners! However, you will be surprised and delighted when you arrive to find it is an ideal solo travel destination. With its tropical climate and rich culture, it feels like an independent island nation. It’s especially a good fit for outdoor sports enthusiasts. Other options? Try a drive along the winding “Road to Hana”, or explore Lanai. If you are a female solo traveler, you may try Maui Surfer Girls. With so much to choose from, you will only regret having to leave!